Summit Academy Achieves Highest Graduation Rate Among Michigan Charters North High School the only charter school in state’s top 50
ROMULUS, MI — Summit Academy North High School has the highest graduation rate among charter schools in Michigan, according to new state data released last week.
MLive.com parsed the data and ranked the top 50 Michigan high schools by graduation rate during the 2015-2016 school year. Summit Academy checked in at No. 17 with a graduation rate of 98.58% — nearly 20% better than the state average of 79.65%.
Summit Academy North is the only charter school in the Top 50. Additionally, it’s one of just three schools in Wayne County overall.
“This is an extraordinary accomplishment, and a testament to the culture we’ve created here,” said Leann Hedke, Superintendent of Summit Academy. “Our staff takes tremendous pride in fostering a learning environment that works for every one of our students, and prepares them for success both before and after graduation.”
If you graduate from a Summit Academy school, you’re almost certainly going to have a chance to further your education. In each of the past five years, every single Summit Academy North and Summit Academy Flat Rock graduate has been accepted into college. And last year alone, 150 students received at least one scholarship offer.
“We are universally committed to ensuring that every single one of our students not only graduates, but is accepted into college and earns a college scholarship,” said Hedke. “We have a number of programs in place to support students in these endeavors, so they have the best possible chance at reaching their respective goals.”
In addition to a nurturing and inclusive learning environment, Summit Academy’s exemplary graduation and college acceptance rates can be attributed to factors like its comprehensive STEAM curriculum, small classroom sizes, and partnerships with companies like zSpace, a 3D Lab that empowers learning through virtual reality.
To learn more about Summit Academy, contact Superintendent Leann Hedke at email@example.com.
Learning is great, it’s really cool
We love the best, we love our school
Math, science, reading, and more
Getting good grades is never a chore
We are happy to learn this is plain to see
Learning is cool for you and me
Take it to the next level, above the rest
We want to be, simply the best
The grades we get are the ones we earn
At Summit schools, we are happy to learn!!!!
Classroom etiquette- When it comes to classroom etiquette, the important thing to remember is that you can be an all-star student and set a truly great example. You can do this by making sure that you are on point, and ready to go when that bell rings. You can also do it by being a good student and great learner. Here are ten ways to have good classroom etiquette.
1. Timing- It’s important to remember that when you want to have good classroom etiquette, that you need to remember to be on time. When you are on time, it shows that you are interested, dedicated, and that you want to and are eager to learn. Be sure to remember to be on time, when it comes to having great classroom etiquette.
2. Avoid food- It’s important to remember that you need to avoid having food in the classroom, because food can be a distraction for other students. Having food in the classroom can also create a real mess as a whole. Thus, remember to avoid food in the classroom for a better learning experience and to have better classroom etiquette.
3. Avoid Soda Pop and other drinks- When you are in the classroom, you need to remember to avoid soda pop and other drinks because by doing so you can guarantee that you’ll have a better learning experience. Too much sugar and the sound of opening the soda pop cans can and does cause a real distraction. Therefore, be sure to remember to avoid soda pop and other drinks when it comes to having real classroom etiquette.
4. Listen- Remember that one of the best ways to show real classroom etiquette is to remember to listen to your teacher. Great listening skills will not only help your grades, but they will also show that you are a respectful student who truly cares about learning. Be sure to remember to listen when it comes to having good classroom etiquette.
5. Avoid gum chewing- Gum chewing is not only a distraction, but it’s also a real problem in classrooms these days. Gum can be messy and sticky, and thus it’s best to remember to avoid gum chewing in the classroom. Remember to be polite and have good classroom etiquette, by avoiding gum chewing.
6. Avoid music- If you or other students are trying to focus on doing better in school, it’s important to remember to avoid listening to music in the classroom. When you listen to music in the classroom, it’s not only a distraction, but it’s also rude and not polite. Be sure to save the music for another time, so that you can have good classroom etiquette.
7. Avoid talking out of turn- Be sure to remember that when it comes to having good classroom etiquette, that you need to remember to avoid talking out of turn. When you talk out of turn it shows little respect for those around you, and for your teacher. Remember, wait your turn, be patient, and by avoiding talking out of turn, you can have real classroom etiquette.
8. Raise your hand- One of the best ways to make sure that you can avoid having issues in the classroom, is to remember to raise your hand. Raising your hand, not only shows good classroom etiquette, but it offers the best when it comes to being an on-point, well put together great student. Be sure to raise your hand, so that you can get the best with real classroom etiquette.
9. Pay attention- One of the best ways to have great classroom etiquette is to remember to pay attention. By paying attention you can guarantee that you’ll get the best when it comes to educational benefits as well as a great learning experience. Be sure to pay attention, so that you can avoid having any issues, when it comes to your learning experience, and so that you can display true classroom etiquette.
10. Never interrupt- It’s important to remember to never interrupt the teacher when it comes to having good classroom etiquette. You may have something important to say, but remember to say it at the right time. Be sure to remember to never interrupt the teacher or other students, when it comes to having good classroom etiquette.
Quizzes and tests- When it comes to not being nervous and/or being prepared to take a quiz or a test, the important thing to remember is that you can succeed by following simple steps. Pop quizzes, we know, can be challenging, but they don’t have to be. Below are the tips for dealing with pop quizzes, regular quizzes, and tests.
1. Calm- When it comes to pop quizzes, the important thing to remember is that you need to stay calm. You need to stay calm, because by doing so you can guarantee that even if you aren’t prepared, you will have a better chance, as opposed to if you are nervous or scared. Remember, the best you can do is the best you can do, so be sure to stay calm when it comes to pop quizzes.
2. Prepared- One of the most important things to remember when it comes to taking a quiz or test is to remember to be prepared. Even if it is a pop quiz, chances are if you’ve done the homework, you can do better, when it comes to being prepared for whatever you’re going to take. Thus, be sure to remember to be prepared, so that you can get the best possible results on your test and/or quiz.
3. Comfort- Of course, one of the most important things to remember when it comes to taking a test is to remember to be comfortable. If you are uncomfortable physically when taking a test, chances are that you are not going to do well as a whole. Therefore, it’s important to remember to be comfortable, when it comes to taking your next test.
4. Avoid Cramming- When it comes to great test or quiz taking skills, it’s important to remember that you need to avoid cramming. Cramming for a test is when you put way too much studying in a short amount of time, expecting to remember it all. This can be a real problem because you won’t be able to get everything memorized correctly. Thus, be sure to avoid cramming, so that you can get the best when it comes to amazing results on your test and/or quiz.
5. Confident- It’s important to remember that with any form of test that you need to remember to walk in and take it with a real sense of confidence. By having confidence, you can guarantee that you’ll get the best when it comes to results that can and will work for you. Therefore, be sure to remember to be confident when it comes to your next test or quiz so that you can hold your head up high and get real results.
6. Relaxed- Be sure to remember to be in some state of relaxation, when it comes to taking your test or exam. Feeling relaxed can and will help when it comes to being more successful on your test or quiz. Be sure to remember to stay in somewhat of a relaxed state when it comes to real success on your test or quiz.
7. Timing- It’s very important to remember to allow yourself plenty of time when it comes to test taking. Give yourself a chance to breathe, feel better, and do better as a whole. Remember timing is everything, and you can and will succeed when you give yourself plenty of time on your test or quiz.
8. Exercise- Of course one of the best ways to avoid being nervous or anxious with your tests or quizzes is to remember to exercise before you start. Perhaps, the night before, or even two hours before the exam, you can get in a good amount of exercise. When you exercise, you can guarantee that you’ll be more relaxed, and more ready to take your test or quiz.
9. Rest- Be sure to remember that the night before the test or quiz that you need to remember to get at least 8 hours of sleep. When you get enough sleep, you can guarantee that you’ll get the best when it comes to being successful with your test or quiz. Thus, be sure to remember to get adequate rest when it comes to being successful with your test or quiz.
10. Options- If your anxiety or nervousness gets too bad then you need to remember to weigh out your options, when it comes to taking a test or quiz. Be sure to remember to talk to a teacher or counselor if you need extended time, and remember to reach out, because you can and do have options. Remember to take advantage of those options, to get the best possible results on your test or quiz.
We truly love to learn this is plain to see
We want to be the best, rise above a C
We know we are worth it, we are true
We will do our best through and through
To never give up, and give it our all
We always do our best to stand tall
At Summit we know that learning is great
Homework on time, and never late
So here we are, we will win the race
Good grades, great times, Summit is a feel good place
Read better- When it comes to becoming a better reader, the important thing to remember is that you can make reading fun and enjoyable. It’s also important to remember that you can become a better reader, and that will make you better versed and educated as a whole. Below are ten tips for becoming a better reader.
1. Quantity- It’s important to remember that when you want to be a better reader that you need to make sure you have a large quantity of reading material. The greater the amount of reading material you have, the more likely you are to switch up with reading different things, and that gives you more variety as a reader. Thus, quantity is key when it comes to becoming a better reader.
2. List- One of the best ways to become a good reader is to remember to create a good list, so that you can get the best when it comes to knowing what you want to read, reading more great stuff, and a whole lot more. Listing truly offers the best in organization, and structure, when it comes to getting what you want and truly need with your reading. Listening also helps you know what you have and have not read, and that will keep you on point for new reading adventures. Be sure to create your reading list today.
3. Audio books- If you often times have trouble reading, or can’t stay focused on a good book, be sure to try audio books. Audio books offer the best when it comes to you getting what you want and need with listening and reading being combined as one. Audio books can help you use your imagination more, and they can truly enhance your overall reading experience. Be sure to dive into a good audio book today.
4. Book club- Of course, one of the best ways to become a better reader is to remember to join a book club. With a book club, you can get more options, and you can get the best when it comes to being held accountable, being organized, and talking about the material you read with others. Remember that when you join a book club, you can and will get the best in a team effort put in, with great reading abilities, and fun times.
5. Slow- It’s important to remember that if you want to become a better reader that you need to remember to take it slow. When you take it slow in the reading process, you can understand more of what you wrote, grasp better concepts, and more. Be sure to take it slow, so you can truly soak in and enjoy the whole reading process.
6. Write- Remember that if you want to become a better reader that you need to remember to write something, and write something every day. When you write something every day, you can guarantee that you’ll get the best when it comes to a real quality reading experience. Reading and writing go hand in hand, so be sure to remember to engage in both, so that you can and will get the best when it comes to a real reading experience.
7. Read aloud- Of course, one of the best ways to make sure that you get the best when it comes to reading is to remember to read aloud. Reading aloud helps with comprehension, and it also lets you understand what you’re taking in as a whole. Thus, be sure to remember to read aloud, so that you can understand what you’re reading better.
8. Comfort- Of course, one of the key ways to make sure that you get the best when it comes to reading is to remember to be comfortable. Read in a place, where you can guarantee that you’ll be comfortable, feel better, and do better as a whole. Remember that comfort is all about putting you first so that you can get the best in reading success.
9. Practice- Of course one of the best ways to make sure that you get a real quality reading experience is to remember to practice, and keep practicing. The reality of it is that you need to make sure that even if you stumble, that you should remember to keep practicing so that you can have read reading success. Thus, when it comes to reading, be sure to remember to practice, and get the absolute best in your reading experience.
10. Fun- It’s very important to remember that when it comes to reading, that you need to remember to make it fun so that you will enjoy what you’re reading. Thus, if you need to draw out what you’ve read, go ahead. Also, if you need to write out ten thoughts that came to mind with your writing, by all means, do so. Making reading fun, can and will offer the best when it comes to a real and truly amazing learning experience.
At our school we know it’s plain to see Encouragement is best for you and me We want to offer a helping hand We build up, so we can do the master plan Hope, joy, success, and more It all begins when we walk in the door We want to do well, so we will be thrilled At our school, it’s simple, positive, we build
Listening skills- When it comes to developing and having good listening skills, the important thing to remember is that it’s all about making sure that you are respectful, and that you actually listen. Listening is a crucial part of success in the world, so it’s important to learn good listening skills. Below are five tips for good listening skills.
Repeat- One of the best ways to show that you have good listening skills is to repeat back what someone has said to you. When you repeat back what someone says, it shows that you have a real vested interest in their viewpoint, thoughts, and words. Remember, repeating back what someone says not only offers validation, but it also offers clear communication
The difference- It’s important to remember that there is a difference between listening and hearing. When you just hear someone, but you don’t listen, chances are that they can feel ignored and devalued as a whole. Thus, it’s important to remember to listen and hear because the message will be understood, and the person will overall feel respected.
Eye contact- Of course one of the best ways that a person can and will know that you’re listening, is if you maintain eye contact with them. When you maintain eye contact, you can guarantee that you’ll get the best results, and it will show that you’re paying attention and truly listening. Remember eye contact validates and makes you a better listener.
Avoid interruptions- When you avoid interruptions, you can guarantee that you’ll get the best when it comes to being a true listener. Interruptions or talking out of turn often show the person talking that you don’t care about what they are saying. Thus, be sure to remember to avoid any and all interruptions, so that you can be a better listener.
Patience- It’s important to remember that with good listening skills comes patience. True communicators are very successful when it comes to being patient to speak and react. Thus, be sure to remember to take a deep breath, be patient, and don’t rush it, when it comes to real listening success.